Adding your own information
You can optionally use two special MIME headers for both email and SMS messages to append arbitrary information, such as your own identifier and/or a description, which SmartRelay stores for later use. This allows you, for instance, to associate a unique identifier of your own with each message sent through SmartRelay.
You can then, for example, retrieve the information from a DataExporter feed, to reconcile the values provided in your own information systems. See the DataExporter documentation, which is available on request from Contactlab customer care, for more details.
These headers require the storing of recipient addresses in a user database to be configured when SmartRelay is set up, to enable them to be used. See Setting up SmartRelay for more details. Please get in touch with your usual contact at Contactlab, such as your project manager, account manager or Contactlab customer care for more information.
See External identifier and description for more details about each of these headers.
- Using SmartRelay
- Supported email messages
- SMS Message Requirements
- SmartRelay special headers
- Managing deliveries by type and category
- External identifier and description
- Storing recipient addresses in a user database
- Storing additional recipient attributes
- Enabling HTML2Header
- Enabling tracking and custom domains
- Protecting your SmartRelay implementation from abuse
- Managing network issues
- Troubleshooting SMTP codes and errors
- Email headers