XMLDelivery behaves like a scheduled process that periodically looks for instructions. You make your files available to us together with the instructions contained in the XML instructions file, and we do the rest.
You must tell Contactlab where your files can be found, typically on:
An SFTP space provided by Contactlab
An accessible SFTP space that you provide
You must give us the necessary access information as a mandatory part of the initial setup.
SFTP space provided by Contactlab
Depending upon your account options and billing profile, we may be able to provide you with an SFTP accessible space on our servers. Any complimentary SFTP space provided by Contactlab is restricted with IP-based access control lists (ACLs), together with unique access credentials. You must have a static IP address to use it.
The other protocols that are supported are:
- For security reasons, we discourage use of FTP, as data is sent unencrypted over the Internet
- Please get in touch with your usual contact at ContactLab, if you are interested
- Understanding XMLDelivery
- API authentication tokens
- User database
- XML instructions file
- Semaphore file
- Adding recipients dynamically
- Email notification
- XML reporting
- Using XMLDelivery
- Does XMLDelivery match your needs?
- Setting up XMLDelivery
- Building a campaign with XMLDelivery
- Working examples