SmartRelay enables you to create and deliver transactional messages or bulk campaigns, while:
- Realizing the benefits of using a professionally managed email service provider (ESP) platform
- Retaining the advantages of a simple and standard SMTP interface
- Allows messages to be relayed through an SMTP connection
- Automatically re-wraps messages injected into the SMTP connection
- Enables the delivery-related aspects of SMTP and MIME to be managed by Contactlab
- Works as a gateway between your email message-generating applications and the recipients
- Messages for delivery are communicated through a dedicated SMTP listener
- Supports outbound SMS messages by converting appropriately configured email messages
Using this guide
These pages provide the following information:
- Understanding SmartRelay
- SmartRelay features and functionality
- Setting up SmartRelay
- Using a local SMTP forwarderIMPORTANT:All descriptions in this guide assume that you use a local SMTP forwarder, as recommended. This acts as the outgoing message interface between your application servers and the Contactsend SmartRelay injection point.
- Using SmartRelay
- A quick-reference alphabetical list of all available SmartRelay headers, identifiers attributes and error codes
At the bottom of each page are:
- Related Pages linksLinks to associated pages in the same section of the manual, as well as to other section title pages.
- Also see linksLinks to other relevant topics in this guide.
- Other linksEnable you to:
- Navigate back to this page at any time, by clicking the Contactsend SmartRelay link
- Navigate to the quick-reference alphabetical list, by clicking the SmartRelay headers, identifiers attributes and error codes link
The Related Pages section of this page is a Table of Contents for all pages in this guide. It can be used to quickly find any information you may need. The table of contents also includes links to all pages.
The online user guide is always the most up-to-date version. If you have any questions about this document or SmartRelay, please get in touch with your usual contact at Contactlab, such as your project manager, account manager or Contactlab customer care.
Click the Next page link to go to the Understanding SmartRelay page, or use the Related Pages links to navigate to individual pages, including Copyright information.