SmartRelay special headers
A range of SmartRelay functionality is provided by applying special MIME headers, which are then automatically recognized and parsed. Click the appropriate link below for more details about each feature and the associated headers.
Email and SMS
The following features and special headers are available for email and SMS:
- Managing deliveries by type and category
- Delivery identifier, label and categoryDefine the delivery type identifier, label and transactional or bulk delivery categories.
- Adding your own information
- External identifier and descriptionDefine an external identifier and description.
- Storing recipient addresses in a user database
- Primary keyStore recipients in a user database and create a custom primary key.
- Storing additional recipient attributes
- Store Recipient AttributesInclude additional recipient attributes in the user database.
The following features and special headers are available for email only:
- Enabling HTML2Header
- HTML2HeaderAdd special headers to the original message.
- Enabling tracking and custom domains
Adding special headers
Once the headers are enabled, you add them to your message before sending it to SmartRelay. This is generally done within your normal programming environment, such as Java, which is used for most of the examples shown in this guide. The only exception is the HTML2 header feature, which automatically adds a range of special headers to email messages using
<input> tags embedded in the
See the relevant feature description for more about enabling the special headers.