Subscriber sources and filters
A subscriber source is a container for subscribers. When sending a new campaign, your recipients must:
- Already be included in the specified subscriber source
- Match the defined subscriber source filter
If you need to select subsets of subscribers from the same subscriber source, you can create different subscriber source filters and reuse them as needed.
Filters can be archived to improve performance or simplify account manageability within the UI. When archived, filters cannot be used to create new campaigns. You must restore the relevant filter archive before it can be used.
In the following descriptions of elements:
- USABLE means a filter that is not archived and can be applied directly to a subscriber source
- ARCHIVED means a filter that must first be restored before being applied to a subscriber source
Click the appropriate link for more details about the relevant element:
- getSubscriberSourcer etrieves a subscriber source.
- addSubscriberSource adds a subscriber source.
- findSubscriberSources returns all subscriber sources.
- addSubscriberSourceFilter adds a subscriber source filter.
- getSubscriberSourceFilter retrieves the USABLE subscriber source filter associated with the identifier.
- getArchivedSubscriberSourceFilter retrieves the ARCHIVED subscriber source filter associated with the identifier.
- isSubscriberSourceLocked finds out if the subscriber source is unavailable.
- findFiltersBySubscriberSource returns all USABLE filters bound to the subscriber source.
- findFiltersByType returns all filters of the selected type bound to the subscriber source.
- findArchivedFiltersBySubscriberSource returns all ARCHIVED filters bound to the subscriber source.
- archiveSubscriberSourceFilter archives a USABLE subscriber source filter.
- reuseSubscriberSourceFilter makes an ARCHIVED subscriber source filter USABLE.