Communication categories modify the behavior of Contactsend. Following the 2013-04-08 release, the most important of these behaviors are suppression lists (blacklists).
Contactsend applies two communication categories, which are recognized by their code or identifier:
- 1 – NEWSLETTER
- 6 – TRANSACTIONAL
A communication category is applied to a message model and, as a result, to all new campaigns based on that model.
Existing campaigns that were created:
- Prior to the 2013-04-08 releaseor:
- With the legacy XML-RPC API(Does not support communication categories)
are assigned default attribute values according to their CampaignType.
If the communication category is not defined, the CampaignType values are assigned the following categories by default:
- NORMAL or PERIODIC are assigned the NEWSLETTER category
- TRIGGERED, SMARTRELAY or IMMEDIATE are assigned the TRANSACTIONAL category
This is consistent with the CommunicationCategory element semantics and does not modify the behavior of existing legacy campaigns.
Communication category elements
Click the appropriate link for more details about the relevant element:
- CommunicationCategoryDefines the communication category of a message model.