<encoding> element is where you define the text encoding for your Email message. It is used if you want to change the default encoding value set by the Email group, which is defined by the Newsletter tag in the Common section.
If you use the template_from_campaign_id element, Any
<encoding> element set here is ignored.
<encoding> element is:
- A child of the Email message section
- Positioned as the first entry within the Message section of the XML instructions file, if used
<encoding> element must have one of the following values:
You should not use empty tags.
You must ensure that the
<encoding> element value matches that of the charset used for the delivery recipients uploaded in the user database. For example, if you wish to send iso-8859-15 encoded Email messages:
<encoding>element must be set to iso-8859-15
- The recipients must also be encoded as iso-8859-15
- Regardless of whether they are taken from the user database or uploaded dynamically
- Common sections and elements
- Message section
- Building a campaign with XMLDelivery
- Filtering and added recipients
- Activating link tracking
- Disabling the automatic HTML template prettify function
- Disabling the automatic HTML-entity unescape function
- Enabling ERB evaluation when unescape is disabled
- Contactlab section
- Using XMLDelivery
- Does XMLDelivery match your needs?
- Setting up XMLDelivery
- Working examples